BOISE, Idaho--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Albertsons Companies, Inc. (NYSE: ACI) (the "Company") today reported results for the second quarter of fiscal 2020, which ended September 12, 2020.
Second Quarter of Fiscal 2020 Highlights
- Identical sales growth of 13.8%
- Digital sales growth of 243%
- Diluted net income per share of $0.49; Adjusted net income per share of $0.60
- Net income of $284.5 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $948.4 million, an increase of 67% compared to the second quarter last year
- Debt refinancing and paydown transactions to deliver approximately $52 million in annualized interest savings
Complements existing tap-to-pay options at checkstand
Boise, ID – October 19, 2020 - Albertsons Companies Inc. (NYSE: ACI) today introduced Albertsons Pay, a new zero-touch checkout experience available through its updated just for U loyalty app. Albertsons Pay provides shoppers with a safe, secure, and contact-free way to pay, use discounts, and earn rewards all at the same time.
The new technology is available in all Albertsons Cos. stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Star-Market, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, and Carrs.
New contactless locker PickUp promises another easy option for customers to fulfill online orders; Joins lineup of existing Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ services
BOISE, Idaho – October 19, 2020 – Albertsons Companies (NYSE: ACI) today announced that it is piloting PickUp lockers in select Chicago Jewel-Osco and Bay Area Safeway stores as the newest easy fulfillment option for e-Commerce orders made through the company’s websites and apps.