ACME Markets, Inc. welcomes Kings Food Markets and Balducci’s Food Lovers Markets stores to Albertsons Companies Mid-Atlantic Division
Customers can expect the same premium experience they have come to love at Kings Food Markets and Balducci’s Food Lovers Markets
MALVERN, Penn. – January 26, 2021 – ACME Markets, Inc. today announced the closure of itstransaction to acquire multiple Kings Food Market and Balducci’s Food Lovers Market stores.These premium stores will join the Mid-Atlantic division of Albertsons Companies, whichoperates ACME and Safeway stores on the east coast.
Kings and Balducci’s have a well-earned reputation for offering quality premium products andfriendly service. Catering, gifting, imported premium offerings, specialty cheeses, private label,and specialized services are just a few areas where Kings and Balducci’s add considerable valueto the customer’s shopping experience every day.
“We are humbled to welcome the talented and passionate team at Kings Food Markets andBalducci’s Food Lovers Markets,” said Jim Perkins, President of Albertsons Cos.’ Mid-AtlanticDivision. “We cannot wait to further the exceptional legacy they have worked hard to build.Customers can expect to enjoy the quality, assortment, and elevated experience they havecome to love from these premium retailers.”
Kings and Balducci’s will be run separately from the company’s other Mid-Atlantic Divisionbanners – ACME and Safeway – while benefitting from the scale offered by the country’ssecond-largest grocery retailer.
The stores that have joined ACME and the Albertsons Companies family include:
Kings Food Markets
- 650 Valley Road Montclair, NJ 07043
- 784 Springfield Ave. Summit, NJ 07901
- 70 Union Ave. Cresskill, NJ 07626
- 255 S. Livingston Ave. Livingston, NJ 07039
- 191 South Street Morristown, NJ 07960
- 393 Main Street Chatham, NJ 07928
- 300 Pompton Ave. Verona, NJ 07044
- 300 South Ave. Garwood, NJ 07027
- 381 Washington Ave. Hillsdale, NJ 07642
- 450 Route 206N & Hills Drive Bedminster, NJ 07921
- 86 East Main Street Mendham, NJ 07945
- Routes 523 & 22 Whitehouse, NJ 08889
- 184 Columbia Turnpike Florham Park, NJ 079321
- 212 Shipyward Lane Hoboken, NJ 07030
- 115 Hawkins Place Boonton, NJ 07005
- 85 Godwin Ave. Midland Park, NJ 07432
- 870-888 Franklin Ave. Garden City, NY 11530
- 26 Arcadia Road Old Greenwich, CT 06870
Balducci’s Food Lovers Markets
- 10323 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda, MD 20814
- 600 Franklin St. Alexandria, VA 223146
- 655 Old Dominion Dr. McLean, VA 22101
- 1800 Orleans St. Johns Hopkins, MD 21287
- 1385 Post Road Westport, CT 06880
- 1050 E Putnam Ave. Greenwich, CT 06878
- 15 Palmer Ave. Scarsdale, NY 10583
- 144 South Ridge St. Rye, NY 10580
About ACME Markets
ACME Markets began in 1891 when two friends, Samuel Robinson and Robert Crawford, opened a smallneighborhood grocery store in South Philadelphia, emphasizing quality products, low prices, and friendlyservice. 130 years later, ACME remains dedicated to providing a high-quality grocery experience that ourcustomers have come to expect. Today, ACME operates 163 stores, including 102 ACME Pharmacies atselect locations, in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, and Maryland,employing over 18,000 associates. During 2020, the ACME Markets Foundation and its NourishingNeighbors initiative provided over $6 million in financial support to local hunger organizations. Thecompany and its associates remain committed to the communities they serve. For more information,visit www.acmemarkets.com.ACME Markets is a part of Albertsons Companies’ Mid-Atlantic Division (NYSE:ACI). Locally great andnationally strong, Albertsons Cos. is a leading food and drug retailer in the United States.
About Albertsons Companies
Albertsons Companies is a leading food and drug retailer in the United States. The company operatesstores across 34 states and the District of Columbia under 20 well-known banners including Albertsons,Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, StarMarket, Haggen, Carrs, Kings, and Balducci’s. Albertsons Cos. is committed to helping people across thecountry live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. In 2019alone, along with the Albertsons Companies Foundation, the company gave $225 million in food andfinancial support. In 2020, Albertsons Cos. made a $53 million commitment to community hunger reliefefforts and a $5 million commitment to organizations supporting social justice. These efforts havehelped millions of people in the areas of hunger relief, education, cancer research and treatment, socialjustice and programs for people with disabilities and veterans' outreach.