Pharmacy Residency Program
Program Purpose Statement
To build upon the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to develop community‐based pharmacist practitioners with diverse patient care, leadership, and education skills who are eligible to pursue advanced training opportunities including postgraduate year two (PGY2) residencies and professional certifications.
The Albertsons Companies PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency program provides a wide array of opportunities to ensure
your professional development in community-based pharmacy practice. As a resident with Albertsons Companies, you will:
Join a tradition of excellence
Learn from experienced leaders in community-based pharmacy residency training.
Excel in clinical practice
Develop and deliver patient care services that impact patient outcomes within your community and within the company.
Build your professional network
Engage with corporate and local leadership, university faculty, and co-residents to establish career-building and lifelong relationships.
Teach with confidence
Participate in teaching certificate programs and further enrichment in research and precepting through our college partnerships.
Fulfill your potential
Graduate ready to succeed in positions that make an ongoing impact in community pharmacy practice.
Albertsons Companies offers 16 residency positions across the United States. Our programs are accredited, or are in the accreditation process, by ASHP and the American Pharmacists Association.
|Location||Pharmacy Banner||University Partner(s)||Program Director|
|Baltimore, Maryland||Safeway Pharmacy||University of Maryland||
Krista Hein, PharmD, AAHIVP
|Boise, Idaho||Albertsons Pharmacy||Idaho State University||Timothy Flynn, PharmD
|Chicago, Illinois||Jewel-Osco Pharmacy||Midwestern University
Chicago College of Pharmacy
Rosalind Franklin University
University of Illinois at Chicago
|Jay Highland, PharmD
|Denver, Colorado||Safeway Pharmacy||Regis University||Robert Willis, PharmD, BCACP
|Houston, Texas||Randall's Pharmacy||Texas A&M University||Payal Murhammer, PharmD
|Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||ACME Savon Pharmacy||Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
|Patty Melissen, RPh
|Phoenix, Arizona||Safeway Pharmacy||Midwestern University
College of Pharmacy - Glendale
|Susana Horst, PharmD, BCACP
|Portland, Oregon||Safeway Pharmacy||Oregon State University||Lincoln Alexander, PharmD
|San Francisco, California||Safeway Pharmacy||University of California, San Francisco||Jenny Hong, PharmD
The residency program is 12 months in duration, beginning in June/July
Required Learning Experiences
- Community Pharmacy
- Patient Care and Specialty Care Services
- Ambulatory Care
- Leadership and Management
- Teaching and Learning
- Project Management
Qualifications of the Resident
- Applicants for each program must have graduated from an ACPE-accredited PharmD program and be eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of practice at the time they start the residency.
- Applicants must be motivated, self-directed, and have excellent communication skills.
- Work experience in community pharmacy, as well as a commitment to pursuing a career in this setting is desirable.
Salary and Benefits
Each resident will receive a competitive stipend and benefits package. Support for attending regional and national professional meetings is also available.
Applications and Additional Information
Applications can be submitted using Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) beginning in November of each year. More information can be found at https://portal.phorcas.org
Applications are due January 3, 2022.
The Albertsons Companies program participates in the ASHP Resident National Matching Program (the "Match"). More information about the Match can be found at https://natmatch.com/ashprmp/
Application requirements (submitted via PhORCAS)
- Residency program application
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts
- CV or Resume
- Three electronic references
Residency Program Brochures
- ACME - Temple University - USciences Residency
- Albertsons - Idaho State University Residency
- Jewel-Osco - UIC - RFUMS - Midwestern University Residency
- Randalls - TAMU Houston Residency
- Safeway Baltimore - University of Maryland Residency
- Safeway Denver - Regis University Residency
- Safeway Northern California - UC San Francisco Residency
- Safeway Phoenix - Midwestern University Residency
- Safeway Portland - Oregon State University Residency